The Application of Human Rights to Reproductive and Sexual Health: A compilation of the work of international human rights treaty bodies
Posted on December, 30 2005 by Action Canada
Developed by ACPD (now Action Canada), this manual is designed to assist in the preparation of reports on compliance with (and violations of) rights to reproductive and sexual health by governmental departments and agencies and NGOs and to assist in the development of advocacy manuals, training programmes and research.
The manual is divided into the following six sections:
- The Convention Against Torture and other Inhuman, Degrading Treatment or Punishment (the Torture Convention)
- The Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women (the Women’s Convention)
- The Convention on the Rights of the Child (the Children’s Convention)
- The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)
- The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)
- The International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination (the Race Convention).
Click here to download the manual